Saturday, June 6, 2009

going to the potty

We are not officially potty training Raegan yet but we did buy her a potty. We have had it in the bathroom for a couple of weeks now. I bought it because I have read that it's good to have one just to get your child used to the idea and I have contemplated potty training her early possibly at 18 months because i have talked to a lot of people who trained their girls that early and were successful. She is such a heavy wetter that I thought the sooner the better. But we haven't really been trying. She likes to go and sit on her potty but i haven't taken her diaper off yet to see if she would really go. But yesterday she went to the gate leading to the upstairs and started pointing. So i thought ok i will see what she does. She climbed up the stairs ( which is a new game for her) and she went right into the bathroom. I decided to take her diaper off just to see what would happen. And she sat down and went pee pee! I was so proud of her! I know it was just one time and she hasn't done it since but still that is a big accomplishment! We will see where this takes us but I had to at least document this monumental step in her life! I thought about taking a picture but decided that was too much so I will just blog about it. My baby is growing up!

No comments: