I know I am a little late putting a Father's Day posting up. Raegan came down with a cold on sunday afternoon and she was kind of clingy this week ( i also had a sore throat for a couple of days). But today we both felt much better and even made it over to the pool this afternoon. Anyway I am just now getting caught up on my blogging.
I can't speak for Josh but I get the sense that he feels about father's day the way i feel about mother's day. We just feel blessed to be parents and that's enough for us. For a time in our life it we didn't know if and when we would ever be parents and even now we don't know if/when we will have another child. But i know he feels blessed to be Raegan's daddy. It is so evident how much he loves her. It warms my heart to see them together. To see the smile on josh's face when she says "da da" or now says " daddy". She loves her daddy so much. when i tell her that daddy is home in the afternoon her little face just lights up and she runs over to the window to wave to him. Not that he didn't enjoy her as a baby but Josh is really enjoying his time with Raegan as she is getting older. They enjoy going on little dates to the store and enjoy daddy and raegan time on the weekends or evenings sometimes so mommy can get errands run. It really does melt my heart to see them together. josh is a great dad. And as i wrote in his father's day card, it is my prayer that next father's day he is a daddy again to our second child.
But anyway back to this father's day. I know Josh said he didn't want anything special but raegan and i still tried to give him a special day. Raegan gave her daddy a special book that they can read together. We made josh yummy cinnnamon rolls for breakfast ( raegan helped by going to bed on time on saturday night so i could make them while josh was out). We went to church. And as an aside at church raegan graduated to the next class level. She is no longer a baby in sprouts 1 ( nursery), she was moved to sprouts 2! It is like a big kids class with tables/chairs, kitchen sets, puppets. She even made her first art project that got put up on our frig. She is growing so fast! anyway back to father's day. we came home and pretty much had a relaxing afternoon and then had a nice steak dinner. We were hoping to go to the pool in the afternoon but the weather didn't cooperate. But we still had a nice family day. And we hope that everyday josh knows how much he is loved by raegan and i ( oh yeah and kona). I also hope my daddy knows how much I love him. I think it warms my heart to see josh and raegan together because it brings back wonderful memories of my special times with my daddy. Dad, if you are reading this, I love you and so does your granddaughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment