Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake

Today after about 3 days of being off schedule and fighting naps both girls decided to take good afternoon naps. They were sound asleep and after about 30 minutes into their naps we started to have an earthquake. Yes, an earthquake, a big earthquake, in Maryland. I didn't know what was happening at first but after about 20 seconds I realized what was happening. I quickly went and grabbed Karis out of her bed and my mom got Raegan who woke up screaming. And after some time it stopped. It was quite a scary feeling and one that I hope I don't have to experience again. But I am just glad that everyone was ok. Apparently the epicenter was located near Richmond, VA and was a 5.8 magnitude that was felt up and down the East Coast. It was quite an experience and something I won't forget and hopefully something I won't experience again!

No comments: