Sunday, March 1, 2009

A "Slurpee" Always Makes it Better






Raegan hasn't been feeling that great over the last week. We couldn't tell if she had a bad cold or if it was the effects of her teeth coming in or both but regardless she has had a couple of really cranky days lately. I don't blame her I have a cold now and I am kind of cranky and the thought of 4 molars coming in at the same time doesn't seem pleasant at all. She hasn't been eating like her normal self which I can understand ( although I am beginning to wonder if she is just becoming more picky too) but she has been drinking a lot which is good for her. On friday she was really, really cranky. Josh was home from work a half day so he said he would take care of her to give me a break plus I needed to go get groceries. I went to Wegmans and as I was leaving I decided to get Raegan a fruit smoothie. My dad always got me a slurpee when I wasn't feeling good and it always made me feel better. I brought it home to Raegan and Josh let her have the whole cup to herself. She can drink out of a straw really well but I still thought she was brave. But we let her have it and boy did she think she was hot stuff! We of course didn't let her have the whole thing but she liked what she got and it seemed to make her feel better! I guess our family will have to carry on the tradition of slurpees/icy drinks when someone is not feeling good! It always helped me too ( thanks dad!).


Raegan is also continuing to take more steps. She'll stand up and walk on her own occasionally. I am sure she will be running around here any day now! And Kona seems to have taken more intersest in Raegan lately. Sometimes i will hear Kona running around like she usually does when she is playing and I'll peek out to see and see her running around Raegan. Occasionally she will ever so gently paw at Raegan as if to say "hey sister, come chase me". Raegan thinks this is all very funny and I am sure before long they will be chasing each other around!


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm not big on Slurpees, but that looks stinking good! Glad Raegan enjoyed it. She might have turned me on to something.

Jen S. said...

it was good! i had the rest of hers! It was a Acai Pomagranate Blueberry smoothie from Wegmans!