"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your hearts desires" ~ Psalm 37:4
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Our Next Steps
Our family is about to take our next steps in our adoption journey. I believe I shared in a previous posting about how we were planning on pursueing embyro adoption as our next adoption. Well we have been working through all of the paperwork and we completed our initial visit in december and were cleared to proceed so on March 24th Josh and I will travel down to Tennessee to undergo an embryo transfer. We were matched with a couple who is donating 4 embryos to us. They will thaw the embryos and will implant them in me through an IVF procedure on March 25th. There are a lot of variables that have to play out for this to work. I am currently on a strict protocol of medicine and shots in order to prepare my body for the embryos. And then the embyros have to be thawed by the embryologist at a certain time. Most likely not all of the embyros will survive the thawing process. Sometimes none survive. They will implant up to 3 knowing that most of the time all of the embryos will not survive the implantation. So there is a lot of variables and we know that there is a chance that this procedure won't work. Fortunately this program allows 3 chances for implantation so we are hopeful that it will work within one of the 3 trials. We are praying that it will work this time around but we are leaving this in God's hands and know that He has a perfect plan for our family. We are really excited but I don't think that I have had time to let all of it sink in but over the last couple of days I have taken a lot of time to reflect and pray about what we are about to experience. We are placing this adoption in God's hands just as we placed Raegan's adoption in His hands. We know He has a plan for us and our family. We believe He wants us to adopt more children and for Raegan to have a sibling. And thinking about the opportunity that we have to have these little tiny embryos implanted in me and allow them a chance at life is truly amazing. We believe strongly in the sanctity of human life and we beleive these embryos are human life. We are thankful for the opportunity to provide these tiny embryos with life and the chance to build our family once again through adoption. I am looking forward to the opportunity to be able to experience pregnancy. We are so thankful for all that God has already done. We are thankful for how He has opened our eyes and our hearts to the miracle of adoption. We are excited about these next steps our family is taking and we are excited to see what God's plans are for our future. I have decided to start another blog to document specifically our embyro adoption in more detail. You can view it at http://adoptingembies.blogspot.com/ if you are interested in following the details of this experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment