Friday, March 20, 2009

Rough Week

Raegan has had another rough week. It seems like all winter she has either been teething or has been sick or both! This week she had a fever on monday and was miserable. She was more clingy than she has ever been. And it was really the first time she has run a fever. She didn't really have any other symptoms other than a little bit of a runny nose but boy was she miserable so I assumed it was her nasty molars coming in causing her distress! She had a rough night monday night but her fever went down and she was doing better on tuesday but still cranky. I switched work days and she was fine at the babysitters on wednesday and thursday but than last night she woke up in the middle of the night with a bad cough that sounded kind of like a croupy cough. I got her to go back to sleep and this morning she seemed to be feeling fine. By the afternoon her cough was back and I could tell at times it hurt her to cough. She also had more of a runny nose and sneezing today. So I don't know what to think. I'm not sure if she has been sick all week or if she was teething and then came down with a cold/croup last night. I find it's really hard to tell with her. She doesn't handle teething well so it's hard to tell if she is sick or just teething. But regardless I hope and pray that she gets a good night's sleep tonight and feels better by morning. We have a busy week coming up with her baby dedication at church on sunday and then our trip to Tennessee and her trip to stay with Grandma and Pop Pop. So I pray that she gets better before all of our upcoming events so that she can enjoy everything! I just feel so helpless when she is sick and in pain. But the other night i was thinking about how tender those moments are sometimes though. I was holding her the other night when she woke up and she was laying on me and falling asleep. It was so quiet in the middle of the night and it was just me and her. I am glad that she is comforted by me. What an honor it is to be a mommy. I don't like that she was sick but I like that I am able to be there to help her. I hope this is the last of the sickness and teething for a while!

No comments: