Today we celebrated Raegan's 3rd Birthday ( or at least we started a series of celebrations). When Raegan woke up this morning she came downstairs to find 3 birthday balloons tied to a new set of watercolor paints as well as a birthday t shirt with a 3 on it that I made for her and a birthday hat with 3 candles and 3 strawberries on it. Raegan wanted to paint with her new paint set and while she was painting I made her blueberry pancakes in the shape of the number 3 and fruit salad with all of her favorite fresh fruits. After her breakfast I surprised her by telling her I rented "Toy Story 3" for her to watch and she was really excited about that. After her movie was over I took her out to lunch. And on the way home from lunch we stopped at the library to borrow some new books. After her nap she woke up and I told her that Daddy came home early from work and that we were going out to dinner. She chose the "water mountain" restaurant ( a Hibachi restaurant with fountains in the front) to go to. She enjoyed her dinner and she got lots of attention from the waitstaff who made her a special cake and sang happy birthday to her ( but just like her mommy she wasn't real into all of the attention and singing but at least she didn't cry like mommy used to). After dinner we came home and she got to open her presents from mommy and daddy while Grandma and Pop Pop watched on the webcam. She got a digital camera, a sleeping bag and a magnetic dress up doll set. She really liked all of her presents especially the camera ( I will have to post some of the pictures that she took!). And she wanted to sleep in her sleeping bag on her bed. So we had a packed day full of fun for the birthday girl. I know I spoiled her today but you only turn 3 once! Tomorrow she gets to take treats into her class at school and I made her cookie pops to take in. Then on saturday she is having a few friends over for a " PJ breakfast party" in the morning. Then we will finish the celebrations on sunday with a Grandparent party. I hope our birthday girl had a great 3rd birthday today!
No comments:
Post a Comment