Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July!




We had a fairly quite 4th of July this year. Raegan ended up getting sick on thursday. She started running a fever which by the afternoon had gotten up to 102 degrees. Raegan has really never had a fever so I decided that if she still had it friday morning I would take her to the doctors and sure enough she did have it the next morning. And considering she was still pretty miserable I decided to take her in. I was afraid she might have strep because that is going around. When I took her to the doctors she cried and screamed from the time they took her weight and all through the doctor checking her out. Nothing would help, not even a juice box! I knew she must have been feeling pretty bad because she is usually really good at the doctors. The doctor diagnosed her with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease which has also been going around. She didn't have a rash or anything on her hands or feet but she did have blisters in her mouth. They tested her for strep too but it came back negative. So we left to go home. I got her a milkshake which she said she wanted but then she didn't drink it. She pretty much laid on the sofa the whole day and wanted to be cuddled and watch movies. I am glad that I was able to comfort her. By the evening she was starting to feel better and her fever broke during the night. On saturday morning she was back to her normal self. We still wanted her to take it easy though so we didn't do any 4th of July events on saturday. On sunday we went to church and went to a cookout in the afternoon with some people from our church ( it ended up being more of an indoor potluck though because it was miserably hot outside!). Raegan had fun playing with some toys that were there and then we came home. We were going to try to take her to some fireworks that were closeby but she was pretty cranky by bed time and since she had just gotten over being sick we decided not to push it. Josh and I could hear the fireworks from our house and even saw a few flickers of light. So it was a quiet 4th this year but I enjoyed being in the air conditioning this year anyway. And we are just glad that Raegan got better fairly quickly from her yucky sickness! I hope you enjoy the pictures of our patriotic little girl in her dress handmade with love by her mommy!

No comments: