This past saturday my wonderful friends threw me the most beautiful and thoughtful baby shower. My mom came down on saturday morning so that she could come and also spend a few days with us. The shower was in the evening and Raegan was happy because her friends Christian and Avah and Mr Colin came over for dinner while we were gone. When I got there I saw the most beautiful decorations. They planned it with a cherry blossom theme and everything from the invitations to the nametags to the favors had cherry blossoms. We enjoyed delicious food and a beautiful and delicious cake ( lovingly made by Nanette!) My friend Danielle prepared a devotional for the baby and all of the ladies there spent time praying for the baby and our family which was so special. We played some really fun games ( although I didn't come close to winning any of them!). And then the ladies showered me with lots of beautiful and thoughtful cards and gifts. After I opened the gifts Desi read a beautiful letter that Josh wrote to me and the baby. Desi also contacted my parents ahead of time and got them to send her pictures of me as a baby and they made them into a garland for decoration. I really appreciated the gifts and they will all bless us so much when the baby comes but what I appreciated more than anything was the company of a group of beautiful ( both inside and out), caring and Godly women. I know most of these women through MOPS and I am just so thankful for each of them. They have all stood beside me throughout this journey that our family has been on. They were there to comfort me and encourage me when I was dealing with the disappointments of two negative pregnancy tests. And they were there to congratulate and celebrate with me as I found out I was pregnant after our third transfer. They have been such an encouragement to me throughout this journey and exciting time and it was so special to have them together to celebrate this miracle of life at my baby shower.
I want to thank everyone who came to celebrate with me and I especiallly want to thank the special ladies who planned and worked so hard to make the evening so special, Desi, Danielle, Michelle, and Zara ( I hope I didn't miss anyone!).
I don't have any pictures yet but Desi took some for me so when I get them from her I will post some!
1 comment:
I do not know who will cry more when we see that baby girl!!! Being your friend has been such a blessing to my life! Thanks Jen.
Post a Comment