Friday, July 16, 2010

Alphabet Craft


It has been very hot here so Raegan and I have been stuck inside more than we both would like. We have been making frequent trips to the library where Raegan is particpating in a summer reading program. I thought it might be fun for her to have a bag that she can put her library books in and I thought it would be even more fun if I let her decorate it. I made a canvas bag for her and bought some fabric paint and alphabet sponge stamps. The other day I got everything out and let her decorate her bag with letters. I had her tell me what letter she wanted and I would put the paint on the sponge and let her stamp her bag. We even practiced her letter sounds by saying what sound each letter makes as she stamped her bag. It turned out to be a fun and educational activity that resulted in a very cool library book bag!

1 comment:

Kay's Family said...

Love this idea!!
~Ali