First of all I realized that I haven't announced on this blog that we found out Raegan is going to have a sister! I have been updating our other blog www.adoptingembies.blogspot.com with pregnancy updates but I haven't been updating this blog with all of the updates. Anyway, I am now 20 weeks along and at my 20 week ultrasound they told us he/she was a she! We were a little shocked because we were sure it was a boy but we were also thrilled becuase I think it will be so neat for Raegan to have a sister!
A couple of nights after we found out our baby was a girl I was having trouble sleeping. For some reason whenever I wake up now (usually about 2:30 am) I have a hard time falling back to sleep. I was laying in bed half awake and I heard Raegan coughing. It always sounds worse on the monitor but I went in to check on her anyway. She saw me come in and she was fine but she wanted me to pick her up since she saw me. I brought her back to bed with me and she curled up beside me. I was laying there with her beside me and all of a sudden I felt the baby moving. And she was really moving! She kept it up for several minutes. I sat there in bed and I just started thanking God for my two girls. There was a time that I wasn't sure that I would ever be a mom. And there were definitely times when I thought I would never experience pregnancy. And yet here I was lying there with my beautiful toddler curled up beside and a beautiful baby girl moving around in my womb. It was just a precious time of quietness in the middle of the night with my two girls. I am so blessed and I look forward to more times like that with my two girls.
1 comment:
What a sweet moment, Jen!
Post a Comment