Sunday, February 7, 2010

A LOT MORE SNOW!




We were planning on having a birthday party for Raegan this saturday. She had her Tea Party on tuesday but it was just for the girls and we were planning on having another party on saturday mostly for our family to come celebrate with Raegan. In the beginning of the week they were calling for snow but I thought we would wait and see what the forecast was towards the end of the week. By midweek we pretty much knew that we were in for another big storm ( with big being an understatement). When Raegan and I were out for her 2 year checkup appointment ( which I will put in another post) I decided to check at the mall for a snowsuit. We didn't have one for her for the last couple of snow storms and after the last storm I realized that she did indeed like the snow, I decided it would be good to have a snowsuit ( especially if the Snowmagedeon did indeed hit). We walked around for a while with no luck, not even lined windpants left! But I decided to check JCPenney's. They had all of their winter stuff on clearance but I couldn't find anything in the toddler boy or girl sections. I decided to check the baby section and they had pink one piece snowsuits- the kind you would put on a small baby. I happened to notice a huge "baby" snowsuit on the rack and when I checked the rack, the size was sure enough 24 months! And the best part is that it was 80% off so I got it for 10 bucks! Today we tried it on Raegan in the morning. It was so funny, she reminded us of a cross between the boy in the Christmas Story and an Ooompa Loompa. I call her my pink marshmellow. I asked her if she was an Ooompa Loompa and she said " no, I a snowman". Our little pink snowman! She loved it and wanted to keep it on all morning. Eventually we got if off of her but later on when her friend Christian came by to borrow our sled Raegan started crying "outside! outside!". She had a little bit of a runny nose but she was doing much better today and after putting her "marshmellow" suit on her this morning I wasn't worried about her not being able to stay warm. I think I would have even gone out and played in the snow if I had a warm snowsuit like that! So we bundled her up again and went outside for a bit. It is a crazy amount of snow! The only place to go sledding was in the street but there were no cars at all out. Our neighbors car was even blocking the street so we knew no cars would come by. Desi and Josh took Raegan down the hill a couple of times on the sled and she really liked it. We didn't stay out long but when we came in Raegan was still nice and warm from being in her snowsuit. I wasn't looking forward to being snowed in again this weekend but it turned out to be a really nice weekend. We had good family time and I also got a lot of cleaning and organizing done which made me feel productive. They are calling for more snow this week though so that should be interesting! I had a nice weekend but I won't be upset if spring decides to show up early this year ( although I'm not counting on it!).

No comments: