Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Birthday Tea Party!










Today is Raegan's 2nd Birthday and I planned a tea party for her and her friends. I decorated the house last night with a happy birthday bannerz, flowers, balloons and pink polka dot tableclothes. In the morning when I went in to get her out of her crib I said "happy birthday!" and she said " boons! ( balloons!)". We had been talking about how she gets balloons and a cake for her birthday and I guess she remembered. She came down and had her sippy and watched one episode of her favorite show, Word World while I got the food ready and set up for her party. We got her dressed in her tea party dress and then everyone started to arrive! Josh and I had given her an early birthday present the night before which happened to be a tea set so Raegan enjoyed showing everyone her tea set and serving water! My parents also gave her a new table with chairs for her big girl room and we set that up downstairs because it was perfect for a tea party! Once everyone arrived we had our first activity, dressing up in jewelry. Raegan loves to put " pretties" on and her and her friends enjoyed layering lots of bracelets and necklaces on. After that we had some tea party snacks which included lemon tea cakes, maple scones, fruit with fruit dip and cheese cut into the shape of flowers. The moms drank coffee even though it was a tea party. After our tea party snacks we had decorated tea pots with stickers and then we colored teapot and teacup birthday coloring sheets. The girls did a great job at decorating and I think they all had fun. We sang happy birthday to Raegan which she enjoyed. We didn't have a cake for her since it was still pretty early in the day but Raegan enjoyed the singing. Then Raegan opened her gifts and she was blessed by wonderful, thoughtful gifts. We had a really fun time and I felt so blessed to have had so many wonderful friends come over to celebrate our little girl. My friend Rachael even brought her two little girls down from Baltimore for the tea party! It was a wonderful way to celebrate Raegan with great friends!

No comments: