
This started out a little rough for Mommy! We had a nice long weekend with having Josh home and both girls were doing really well. I thought on monday morning when it was time for Josh to go back to work that I would be fine for my first full day on my own. But the girls both decided to make it a hard transition for me. I couldn't get Karis to go to sleep and the only thing that would get her to settle down was walking around and bouncing her. This wouldn't normally be that big of a deal except my incision was still pretty sore and I was still supposed to be taking it somewhat easy and Karis is not a small baby! So I was getting exhausted quickly. And Raegan was acting up probably due to Josh going back to work. My patience ended when Raegan dumped all of her toys out of her boxes all over the floor. I called Josh and couldn't hold back my tears. He decided to come home early to help me out which I appreciated! Later on in the day Josh's mom decided to come as well. So she came to visit and help out for a few days. It was nice for her to be able to come and meet Karis and get to spend time with Raegan as well. We were thankful for her help as well. Raegan was still acting up this week ( again I think she just wants things to be back to normal) but towards the end of the week she started doing much better. She even wanted to hold Karis this week. We had been asking her if she wanted to hold the baby and she kept saying no. We asked her again this week and she said yes she did and she got very excited about it. We got some cute pictures of them together and it was a sweet moment for me. Another sweet moment this week was one evening when Josh took Raegan out to walk Kona and I had placed Karis on her playmat for a few minutes. I was in the kitchen but I heard Raegan come back upstairs and I peaked around the corner to see what she was doing. She saw Karis laying on her mat and Raegan ran right over to her and started showing Karis the toys that were hanging. She was very gentle and she seemed excited to pay attention to her little sister. It was such a sweet moment for me and it brought tears to my eyes. I know the adjustment has been hard on Raegan but I also believe deep down that she really loves her little sister even if she doesn't always show it. I cherish these sweet moments when I see my two girls together.
Karis continues to do well. She is going down for naps easier during the day and is sleeping longer stretches at night. She has a hard time falling asleep at night but once she is asleep she usually has a longer stretch of sleep. So I have been getting a little bit more sleep which was much needed! So all in all we are getting adjusted to our precious new addition to our family! And Karis seems to be getting adjusted to life with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment