Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What We've Been Up To



It's been a while since I have posted and in some ways it seems like we haven't had as much going on since the busy holiday time but on the other hand a whole month has passed and I don't know where it went. We had a couple of weeks of "downtime" after the new year started. We didn't have quite so many committments and due to the bitterly cold weather we didn't do a whole lot. I have still been dealing with nausea and tiredness from my pregnancy but I hit the 12 week mark on saturday and slowly I can already feel my body getting back to "normal". Normal in the sense that I no longer have quite so many periods of nausea or food aversions and I no longer need a 2-3 hour nap every day. Not so normal in the sense that my waistline is expanding and I now need elastic pants in order to be comfortable. This pregnancy is really beginning to feel "real" and we are all really excited. The other day we came home and Raegan was waiting for me to unlock the door to the house and she said "Raegan's house" and I said "yes it is" and then she said " baby's house". And I said yes it's baby's house too. She is just too cute for words.

In other Raegan news, she is definitely becoming a little chatter box. She is talking all of the time and putting longer and longer sentences together. She learned the alphabet around Christmas time. It was pretty amazing because I hadn't really been working on letters with her that much ( not as much as I had hoped at least) but one night she pulled out a book with a capital letter on each page and I went through it with her and she got at least 75% of them right. I was amazed. She now is reading some words ( mostly words she recognizes from the show she likes "Word World"). She loves to read any letters she sees. When we are in the car I will hear her in the back saying " S, R ,A"- reading letters from signs and trucks that pass. Maybe she'll be a bookworm like I was. She really is like a little sponge and she constantly amazes us with how much she is learning from day to day just from listening to us and observing things around her. What a fun age!
Last week I took Raegan up to Baltimore for a few days. I got my haircut and we also had the chance to go out to the Science Center with my good friend Rachael and her two girls. We had a great time hanging out with them and then eating a picnic lunch in the car on the way home. After we got back I packed up my stuff and left Raegan with Grandma and Pop Pop for a couple of days. I already missed Raegan when I was driving home but Raegan couldn't have been happier to be with Grandma and Pop Pop. Even though I missed her, it was nice to be able to get some things done at the house without her "helping me". Josh and I went out and picked out a big girl bed for her so we can move her into her new room. And we got a lot of cleaning out done. Then on saturday we met up with my parents and Raegan for dinner and brought her home. She was happy to come home but every day she asks if she can go to Grandma and Pop Pop's house. I am sure that has nothing to do with them spoiling her when she is at their house.

Now we are just getting ready for Raegan's big day next week! It's hard to believe she turns 2! We are excited to have a family party and then a Tea Party for her and her girlfriends next week. We are still trying to nail down what kind of cake Raegan wants since it changes every day and she doesn't even really like cake. We'll post the final outcome!

1 comment:

Danielle K said...

We can't wait for the tea party! When I had my baby shower tea at the Ritz (so spoiled!), my friend ordered a huge plate of strawberries and whipped cream as the dessert. It was delicious! If Raegan like strawberries, you could always try that, or strawberry shortcake, or ice cream in tea cups, or something!