Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blizzard!








Raegan experienced her first blizzard this weekend! We got about 20 inches of snow yesterday! This is more snow than this area has seen in years! When we woke up there was at least a foot of snow on the ground already and it snowed all day and all night. That is a lot of snow and it's not even Christmas. We tried to take Raegan out in the snow yesterday and seemed to like it for about 5 minutes until she decided she didn't want to keep her gloves on and she quickly discovered that snow is very cold! That was the end of that. I brought her in and gave her a nice warm bath and she played in the bathtub like it was a swimming pool. I think it's time for a mommy/daughter vacation to someplace warm! This morning Josh went out to try to shovel us out and Raegan said she wanted to go out again. So we got her bundled up and she liked it ok at first but then she got cold. The only problem was her buddy Christian was outside and she wanted to play with him. So she had quite the dilemna on her hands. Fortunately for her Christian's shoe came off and he had to go inside and he invtited Raegan inside to play. So Raegan ended up with a win-win, she got to go inside and she got to spend all morning playing with her buddy. The Welch's even invited Josh and I over for lunch after they spent the morning watching our daughter. We have the best neighbors ( and friends) ever!

Josh eventually got our driveway clear and he even was able to go to the store for me. But I think we are going to have snow in our yard until springtime. And I can't wait until springtime! Josh declared he loves snow so much he could move to Alaska. I told him I would visit him there in the summer but I am already ready to hibernate to someplace warm!

1 comment:

DESIWELCH said...

So glad that we could have her over. Gave me a break for sure and plus the older they get the more their personality comes out. We enjoyed having you guys over for lunch. Nothing like good friends as neighbors. Ahhhh....