| From Tennessee Trip- National Embyro Adoption Center and stop in Blacksburg |
We just go back last night from our long road trip to Tennessee. We left sunday to go down to Knoxville, TN for an appointment with the National Embryo Donation Center there. We have decided to try embryo adoption for our second adoption. So we drove down for our appointment and we are happy to say that everything went well and we can now move forward with the process. We will begin the matching process and soon we will be matched with a donor couple. Then we will be given an appointment either in march or may to go back down to have the embryos implanted via IVF. And everything goes well, Raegan will have a sibling 9 months later. If the first implanation doesn't work then we can try 2 more times. The doctor said he didn't have any reason to believe that this wouldn't work for us. So we are excited that everything went well and excited to see what God has in store for us and our family. We are praying that this works because we really want Raegan to have siblings and we feel embyro adoption is not only a neat opportunity but it is affordable for us whereas another domestic adoption is kind of out of the question because of how much it costs. But we are trusting in God and know that He has a perfect plan for us and our family.
We enjoyed our road trip and Raegan did really well. We drove straignt down to Tennessee on sunday and Josh's parents came along to help watch Raegan during our appointment. We all took turns entertaining Raegan in the car but after about 9 hours she was done! We came back monday and decided to cut the trip in half and stay overnight in Blacksburg, VA ( my favorite place!). I got to see my friend and old VT roommate Meredith and meet her for breakfast at Gillies, my favorite breakfast restaurant. And then we all walked over to campus for a little while. It was a typical winter day in Blacksburg, dreary and cold, but it was still nice to be there. I got to show Raegan the campus ( and told her to pick out her dorm ;). And I got a chance to visit the memorial for the shooting victims. I hadn't been down to Tech since that happened so I was glad to be able to see the memorial and reflect again on those lives that were lost.
After a short visit to campus, we all jumped back in the car and headed back home. We had a good trip and we are so proud of Raegan for how well she did on a very long car ride. And we are excited about the results of our trip and look forward to going back down to Tennessee in the new year for our embryo adoption!
I am having trouble getting pictures to upload but I will add them as soon as I figure out the problem ( or more like as soon as I ask Josh to figure out the problem :)
Update: I have learned how to link to a Picasa album ( thanks Josh). Click here to view our album from our road trip!
![]() |
| Tennessee Trip- National Embyro Adoption Center and stop in Blacksburg |

No comments:
Post a Comment