Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First Hair Cut

Before picture!






You can't even see her pretty face anymore!






At the salon with Mommy!




Being such a good girl for Ms Michelle!




Almost done!




After! What a beautiful girl!




Today was the first "real" haircut for one of my babies. Raegan's hair is super curly so it is hard to manage at times yet I have been able to trim it up a few times pretty well ( it's kind of hard to mess up cutting curly hair because if I take a little off at a time there is no way to tell if it is uneven). Karis' hair on the other hand has become unruly and I truly did not even know where to start with trying to trim it up myself. People ask me sometimes if I layer her hair ( they also ask me if I curl Raegan's hair- do I look like I have that kind of time on my hands?). But Karis has had a full head of hair since she was born so it has just grown to be uneven and it grows forwards so it always ends up in her eyes and she will not keep any sort of bow in or hat on. So today I took her with me to my hair appointment and my wonderful hair cutter Michelle trimmed Karis' hair for me. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go with bangs or not but in the end decided to give bangs a try ( I am hoping that it will help keep "stuff" out of her hair now). I held her during the haircut and we had to give her a lollipop to keep her still but she was really good and it was a success. Not that she wasn't adorable before but I think she is even cuter now and I love that now I can really see her beautiful baby blues! We have family pictures on saturday so it was good timing. Big sister enjoyed watching Karis ( and Mommy) get haircuts but she said that she wants Mommy to keep cutting her hair ( so we'll see how long I can keep that up!).

No comments: