Monday, July 14, 2008

i'll just be sleeping...





The other night Raegan did something which really made Josh and I laugh. just to give some history first, Raegan has been a good night sleeper for some time but she is still kind of particular about how she gets put to bed at night. She gets her bath, swaddle ( what we call her baby burrito), bottle ( ba ba) and then off to bed. She doesn't do very well if this doesn't happen in that order because she is not a good napper so usually by bedtime she is very ready for bed. Well the other night we had given her a bath and put pajamas on but it was a little early for bed so we put her on her playmat and decided we would try to eat dinner before she needed to go to bed. She seemed fairly content when we put her down so we went ahead and ate our dinner, then we got into a conversation about something and we were just at the table talking and then I looked over at Raegan to see if she was still happy and her head was turned the other way so I walked over to her and saw that she was sound asleep! It was so cute and we were amazed because we didn't even hear a peep, she just decided to fall asleep there. I know most other people may not find this to be as cute as we did but if you haven't figured it out already, we think everything our little girl does is cute! she sure made us laugh that night.
Also we have discovered that Raegan's newest past time is now pot clanging. Everytime Josh or I are holding her when we are in the kitchen she smiles and reaches out towards the pots and pans hanging on the pot rack and when you put her where she can reach she loves to bang the pots together. This of course made me happy since my favorite place to be is in the kitchen! I know it doesn't mean she is necesarily going to like cooking like I do when she gets older but i can dream, cant' I? And I do look forward to teaching her how to cook and bake with me when she gets older but for now it's fun to see the pots and pans making her so happy ( they make me happy too Raegan!)

No comments: