Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In Rememberance


Today I dressed Raegan in a Virginia Tech outfit, not because I am trying to influence her school choice at a young age although I wouldn't mind if she decided to be a hokie...just kidding Josh.. I promise I won't pressure her. I dressed in a VT shirt and dressed Raegan in a VT outfit today to honor the 32 victims and their families of the Virginia Tech tragedy that happened a year ago today. I remember vividly that day as the events unfolded and remember thinking, life really is so precious. You just never know what each day will bring. I look at Raegan today and I am so thankful for her life. A year ago I didn't know if and when we would ever be parents. We were going through infertility diagnosis at the time and we knew if we couldn't conceive children we were going to adopt but we also knew that adoption could take a very long time. We are so blessed that not only did the adoption process go quickly for us but that when we did adopt we were given the most beautiful, happy baby i have ever seen ( and yes I am bias) but we are truly blessed. There have been so many events in my life over the past year that have really strengthened my faith and my belief that life truly is in God's hands. It has been freeing to realize that. To realize that life is not in my control. Life and death is not in my control and so therefore i should just live life every day to the fullest and try to glorify God in everything I do. I have been freed of much of the worry and anxiety that used to plague me every day. I still worry and have anxious thoughts but I have been freed from much of it. God has taught me so much about life through the life and death that I have seen. Today I think about the VT victims who were Christians and glorified God with their life and their death. There are so many stories I have read about their lives that just make me want to be a better person. I think about them today and thank God that they are in heaven. I think about their families who are still here and long for them to be here with them, I pray for peace for them. I also think about my dear friend who recently lost her daughter and now her daughter too in is heaven. I think about how she longs for her daughter to be with her but who is deciding to honor her daughter by glorifying God with how she is dealing with her death. I pray for all who are hurting today. I pray that every day I use every opportunity God gives me to glorify Him and that I can be a comfort to the many people I encounter every day who are hurting. I thank God for how He has blessed me.


No comments: